My little bundle of fabric finally arrived and I tore right into it! Once I read the instructions, I was a bit disappointed we were making such a small bit of the quilt. Boy was I wrong. I'm so happy all we did was a small bit!
Working on this corner allowed me to practice on every single component of the quilt. I made notes in my pattern about what I did differently that worked better for me. I made a paper-pieced pattern for the sashing. I had templates made at Tap Plastics of the small and large diamonds so it would be easy to cut and trim pieces.
This is not going to be a rush-through-it quilt, that's for sure. I love the results and can't wait for next month. No, I haven't sewn these parts together yet. I'll wait for the whole quilt to be finished to get happy with the balance of colors.